Monday, January 20, 2014

The Desert Song - Week One



Last week was week one of work on The Desert Song - a little operetta Lyric Stage is putting on. I'm so pleased to be performing with this group again! I had a blast doing the musical Nine last November. (I was actually on stage for that one; even did a TINY bit of acting.) Lyric Stage is such an excellent production company. They're one of the best in DFW, in my opinion. 

I'll make this shorter because I'll be off to rehearsal tonight, but I just wanted to post something. I snapped a few photos from last week. 

Jay Dias: one of the best conductors I've ever worked with. He exudes joy and genuine love of music!
From my backyard. We had good weather last week. :)
I'm playing second horn to my good friend Chris who's a real quality player. He always can get me to play louder and better than I normally do. He usually keeps me laughing throughout rehearsal. It's refreshing to play with someone that's so much fun (and good), but I am kind of worried all my giggling is going to get me fired. 

Rehearsals have been a blast, and I'm looking forward to more this week. Performances begin on Thursday night at 8pm. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment