Thursday, February 6, 2014

I Love Music

I Love Music. 

I've always loved music. I doubt there's been anything I've loved any more than music. I love listening to it, I love playing it, I love thinking about it, I love talking about it. It's probably the only thing I talk about. I love teaching horn lessons because I get to talk about music. 

One thing I especially I love to do with music is figure out how people have made such GOOD music. This video is currently playing as I type this: 


Now, I'm done trying to convert people to liking my music. I understand everyone has their own taste. You may play this video and not really feel anything special towards it. 

But I really do. 

First of all, I love Bill Callahan. In this video he plays all my favorite songs of his. I get to hear such lovely songs done live by his own hand (and others). However, I also get to see HOW he does it. 

It's remarkable how much time I spend doing this. I just sit and watch. 

I want to KNOW how these people I love do their craft well. One day I may figure it out. 

That's about it for now. Very inconsequential post, but I was so greatly overcome watching this youtube clip. Who are you watching? Who's craft are you trying to figure out?


Oh, and I just want to note, I want to meet Bill Callahan and play on one of his albums one day.



No comments:

Post a Comment